You are not logged in.

#1 2004-08-26 00:14:43

Olli

Help!!! All my modules gone?!?

Hey all,

I was just in the process of making my Arch box usable and added smbfs to the list of modules to load. Since I changed some other stuff too, I rebooted my box.

After that it came up with NO modules at all. When I try check during boot it says it can't find any of the modules (even the standard ones in rc.conf like ide-scsi). Doesn't even work when I try to load them with insmod (can't find module X) or with depmod (it will exit nicely but I see no modules loaded with lsmod).

What has gone wrong?

Another question. During install some of my hardware was detected (like my NIC) where is that config afterwards? Cause  I haven't added anything to either modprobe.conf or rc.conf and it just worked

Anyway, please help me out, I've spend 6 hours on this box today and all my works seems to be in vain sad

DIY: Doom-It-Yourself

#2 2004-08-26 01:16:04

sarah31
Website

Re: Help!!! All my modules gone?!?

are you using lilo? DId you run lilo after upgrading your kernel?

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-08-26 19:22:24

Olli

Re: Help!!! All my modules gone?!?

No I'm using grub and hadn't upgraded my kernel since the install (FTP install, 6 hours before).
For some odd reason none of my modules could be loaded, everything else looked fine.

Uname -R gave me the same kernel version as I was running. I resolved the matter by reinstalling the kernel package which was fortunately still in my pacman cache :?

Anyway, I have no clue what caused this ...

DIY: Doom-It-Yourself

Board footer