You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-23 00:18:23

G_Syme

Howto deal with multiple source files having the same filename...?

Ahoi again.

I'm currently trying to make a package for the recent version of subversive for Eclipse Ganymede and I'm almost finished.
Some time ago the svn.connector components have been split from the official subversive distribution and have to be packed/packaged extra. And here is where my problem arises.

The svn.connector consists (among other things) of two files which are named the same:

http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/features/org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.0.3.I20080814-1500.jar
http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/plugins/org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.0.3.I20080814-1500.jar

At the moment makepkg downloads the first one, looks at its cache, and thinks that it already has the second file, too, because it has the same name. As a result, I can neither fetch both files nor use both of them in the build()-function...

Are there currently any mechanisms in makepkg to deal with multiple source files having the same name?

The only solution I see at the moment would be to only include the first file in the source array, install it in the build()-function and then manually download the second one via wget and install it after that (AKA Quick & Dirty).
But of course I would prefer a nicer solution to this problem if possible. ^^

TIA!

G_Syme

The courageous enter dark caves alone.
The clever send in the courageous first.
The cleverest wait behind the clever.

#2 2008-08-23 07:37:52

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Howto deal with multiple source files having the same filename...?

There currently isn't a standard way to deal with this.  I think you should file a bug report asking for a way to deal with this (but I'm not sure how to fix this at the moment...)

#3 2008-08-23 09:03:47

G_Syme

Re: Howto deal with multiple source files having the same filename...?

Allan wrote:

I think you should file a bug report asking for a way to deal with this (but I'm not sure how to fix this at the moment...)

OK, I've filed a bug report and have also included a suggestion how to solve this problem.

The courageous enter dark caves alone.
The clever send in the courageous first.
The cleverest wait behind the clever.

Board footer