You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-26 00:54:16

1r0nman

kde 4.1 on new(old) monitor

ive been running my archlinux box with gnome and kde 4.1 on a 1024x678 monitor and just recently boght a second monitor from a garage sale for 10 dollars,this monitor is running like 640x480,it came from a like pentium I pc with running windows 95(to give you an idea how old the monitor is) so i plugged up the old monitor to my linux box in my room and it is still set on my other monitors resolution(making it extremely off center),so i went and changed the res in the system settings in kde 4.1, so the small problem is that when i rebooted it went back to the 1024x678 settings, i oppened the system settings again and it automatically set it back to the 640x480 res.......

now the big problem is, i messed around to try and figure out the max res i could run on that monitor and it got stuck on a res that makes it display a pitch black screen,i waited for kde to revert to old settings and it didnt after like 30 seconds,so i pressed ctrl alt backspace and logged back in with the 1024 res,now everytime i go into system settings to change to another res, it automatically loads the apperently "saved" messed up, black screen res before i have time to touch anything,forcing me to log out and log back in

can anyone help me?

P.S i hadnt configured X11 to the new monitor yet so i guess it still thinks im running the old one....

#2 2008-08-26 02:30:13

1r0nman

Re: kde 4.1 on new(old) monitor

nevermind, i should have done this first, i just reconfigured my xorg using hwd

sorry for the dumb question smile

Board footer