You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-14 22:08:48

pjezek

driver for Avermedia hybrid volar (A828) or buy another DVB-T tuner?

I am sure that I am not alone with the permanent problem after

pacman -Syu

with DVB-T disappeared from kaffeine. Avermedia Hybrid+FM Volar has so-so support from Avermedia (not for the latest kernels as we have here, only for big distros). Driver 0.19-beta worked well for 2.6.25 kernels and for the first 2.6.26 (???) despite the changelog info with 2.6.25 as the latest supported kernel. After recent -Syu DBV-T functionality went to hell again. Kernel headers are marked as 2.6.25, not as 2.6.26. Is there someone who can add a support for that DVB-T dongle to the arch kernels systematically (when a800.ko is permanently updated with kernel?)? Please, do something with or tell me vhat card or dongle use instead the A828. Thanks a lot!

Our tomcat for your mice! Archlinux for your comps! Alfa Romeo for your roads! Faster running guaranted!

#2 2008-08-28 14:06:28

pjezek

Re: driver for Avermedia hybrid volar (A828) or buy another DVB-T tuner?

I havereviewed all the source and header files in 0.19-beta driver. As I am not a programmer, I can hardly identify the file and its part of code, which is eiteher missing for 2.6.26 kernel or which is improperly set for this kernel. Can anyone more experienced and better time disponed find the cure or kick me ahead telling me what to do add support to the 0.19-beta for 2.6.26? Thanks to anybody!

Our tomcat for your mice! Archlinux for your comps! Alfa Romeo for your roads! Faster running guaranted!

Board footer