You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-29 11:11:04

leo2501

[SOLVED] Large collection of avi's. better in mkv container?

hi! i have a large collection of videos, all in avi container with h264+mp3 and a lot of them have the srt and sub from the dvd with the same name, i made them with h264enc...

In the IRC channel, a lot of you said to me that better i not use the avi container, now im researching... should i move all the files to the mkv container? i search a lot in google, and all people wants to make the opposite, (mkv to avi) so i know that mkv is far superior but i don't know if it's flexible like avi for example to open a file in avidemux and cut parts with smart-rendering (cut parts of the video, and copy without reencode if possible) and then remux to mkv on the fly, like i do with avi a lot of times...

And if i decide to move everything to the mkv container, maybe you can help me in making it without reencode, i mean, to demux the avi and remux in mkv file with the subtitles? i don't know maybe i can use it in a script or something smile

tnx!

Last edited by leo2501 (2008-08-29 11:16:16)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#2 2008-08-29 11:15:48

leo2501

Re: [SOLVED] Large collection of avi's. better in mkv container?

lol, i just encounter this thread

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=48506

sooo sorry!! tongue

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Board footer