You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-12 23:26:20

cu3edweb

Stalonetray, Tint, Pypanel Questions

1) I have stalonetray installed but my problem is that I can't get it to appear on all desktops (sticky). I have sticky set to true in the config file but it only shows up on the desktop that it was started on.

2) Does anyone no how to get Tint to ingnore certain programs such as stalonetray?

3) Is there a way to set pypanel to the background. To clarify that when I have pypanel launched and try to maximize a window it maximizes so pypanel is still showing like any other panel would. Is there a way so that when i maximize the window maximizes all the way to the edge of the screen and ingores that pypanel is there?

Thanks

#2 2007-11-13 17:28:14

cu3edweb

Re: Stalonetray, Tint, Pypanel Questions

I was able to get stalonetray to be on all desktops with the withdrawn option but when I do that It has a border around it. The withdrawn option allows it to be controlled by the obconf dock section, but I don't want the border around it.

Does anyone no how to disabled that border

#3 2008-02-07 19:39:56

hk2717

I have the same problem with stalonetray. Does anybody has a solution?

#4 2008-02-07 20:34:56

fwojciec

are you using stalonetray with openbox?

this is my .stalonetrayrc:

transparent true
geometry 124x24+3-3
icon_gravity NW
window_layer bottom
sticky true

and this is from the "applications" sections of my ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml:

<application name="stalonetray">
      <decor>yes</decor>
      <desktop>all</desktop>
      <layer>below</layer>
      <skip_pager>yes</skip_pager>
      <skip_taskbar>yes</skip_taskbar>
</application>

the result is: transparent tray in bottom left corner on all desktops.  Note that decor is turned *on* in rc.xml -- openbox, by default, draws a 1 pixel border around all undecorated windows...

#5 2008-02-08 06:44:05

hk2717

Thank you. This solves the problem.

#6 2008-07-17 23:43:03

pogeymanz

Sorry to revive an old post...

I followed the tip the fwojciec suggested, which worked perfectly.

My only question is, is there anyway to tell xcompmgr to NOT affect stalonetray?

Also, the bottom of stalonetray's window is not at the very bottom of my display (I can tell because of the shadow from xcompmgr). How do I make it flush against the bottom right corner? Right now my geometry is set at 124x24-0-0.

FINALLY, is Tint or Tint2 ever going to have a menu for tasks in the taskbar? (Like in DE's panels, where you can right-click for a menu with window options, such as restore, maximize, close, etc.)

#7 2008-07-17 23:54:17

fwojciec

You could use devispie to make xcompmgr ignore it (you have to ad -C or something like that to xcompmgr as well).  Just install devilspie and create ~/.devilspie/stalone.ds that looks like this:

(if
    (matches (application_name) "stalonetray")
    (begin
    (wintype "dock")
    )
)

Then you have to start devilspie with your session, probably before stalonetray gets started.  It should work, if I can trust my old configs, but I don't really use either xcompmgr or stalonetray anymore so I didn't check.

#8 2008-07-18 00:01:08

moljac024

stalonetray can set itself to be of "dock" type. It's in the conf file. No need for devilspie for that. If you have obconf you could easily disable the decoration of undecorated windows ( clickady click away wink )

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#9 2008-07-18 00:08:48

pogeymanz

This is my .stalonetrayrc

transparent true
geometry 124x24-0-0
icon_gravity NW
window_layer bottom
sticky true
window_type dock

But there is still ~2 pixels between the tray and the bottom of my screen and it still has a shadow.

I know this is silly, but it will bug me if I can never figure it out.

Here is part of my rc.xml for openbox:

<application name="stalonetray">
      <decor>yes</decor>
      <desktop>all</desktop>
      <layer>below</layer>
      <skip_pager>yes</skip_pager>
      <skip_taskbar>yes</skip_taskbar>

EDIT: Oh, and clicking around in openbox config editor doesn't do anything to it.

Last edited by pogeymanz (2008-07-18 00:09:43)

#10 2008-07-18 00:12:18

fwojciec

moljac024 wrote:

stalonetray can set itself to be of "dock" type. It's in the conf file. No need for devilspie for that. If you have obconf you could easily disable the decoration of undecorated windows ( clickady click away wink )

Well -- what you say is true in theory but unfortunately not true in practice, in this particular case at least.  If I remember correctly only devilspie can make transparent stalonetray play nice with xcompmgr.

#11 2008-07-18 00:28:32

pogeymanz

For some reason, that does work.

But I don't want to have a whole other app isntalled just because 2 pixels of shadow are annoying me. (I know that's silly, but I keep track of every app I have installed)

Thanks for the help, though.

If the shadow starts really driving me nuts, I'll fix it again! big_smile

Last edited by pogeymanz (2008-07-18 01:02:04)

#12 2008-08-17 15:33:59

Barghest

Hi,

it seems question #2 is still unanswered. I always have an entry "untitled" in tint because of stalonetray. How can I get tint to ignore stalonetray?

#13 2008-08-28 10:55:13

ben

HI

@ #2 yes, the border depens on the setting of the osd border set in your openbox theme.
Change follwing in you openbox themerc:

osd.border.width: 0

But be noticed, all osd dialogs are effected by this (alt+tab, virtual desktop switching, resizing..)

The shadow bug should be solved by setting window_type to dock in stalonetrayrc.
But stalonetray has a bug (as already mentioned).
If you want to fix, change he source code of stalonetray:

in src/tray.c line 576 change "==" to "!=".
it sould look like that:

if (strcmp(settings.wnd_type, _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL) != 0)

(I reported this to upstream, so maybe there also will be a official patch or release.)

greetings ben

#14 2008-08-29 20:45:30

pogeymanz

That totally worked! Thank you for that great tip!

I love my shadows, but I also love the transparent tray, but I couldn't do both without it looking awkward. You rule, Ben.

Board footer