You are not logged in.

#1 2004-08-31 17:21:22

dp
Website

kmail - ispell-trouble - a crash report: NO LOSS OF DATA!

while composing 4 emails, somehow ispell got confused and kmail interface started blinking and destabilizing

a ps -e gave me 4 ispell processes that are defunct

after killing them, kmail stayed the same destabilized and i had to kill it too :-(

ok, after not having any kmail process or ispell process in ps fax, i run kmail again

WOW!  :shock:  8)  lol everything back! no loss at all, all my composing emails back and at state i last typed - i'm impressed! (however, ispell didn't load at all any more, but that's no loss, as i quite never listen to its suggestions)

i admit, that the last time i had trouble with kmail it was version 1.2, so long time i had never trouble and the reports of outlook and other client users loosing data scared me having my email client crashed, but this is impressive in my eyes: i sent -KILL to kmail and it still managed to keep all my data

congratulations to Kmail authors! (not for ispell-trouble, but for no data loss)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#2 2004-08-31 18:01:03

tpowa
Developer

Re: kmail - ispell-trouble - a crash report: NO LOSS OF DATA!

have a look at your home directory while composing you will find files called dead.letter that are your emails  :twisted:
they are not really dead ;-)

#3 2004-08-31 19:47:03

dp
Website

Re: kmail - ispell-trouble - a crash report: NO LOSS OF DATA!

tpowa wrote:

have a look at your home directory while composing you will find files called dead.letter that are your emails  :twisted:
they are not really dead ;-)

it got repaired itself - no dead.letter's around

what a great software!

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Board footer