You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-20 12:26:40

ssl6

vavoom?

anyone use that doom port? i downloaded the pkgbuild from aur the other day. had to modify it to get the latest 1.28 version, then i had to mess around to get it to compile, had to install cmake, and add a line to the pkgbuild for that. basically, it doesnt run, can`t get it to find my wad`s, and i did make sure the names were lwoer case

i did however get doom3, and quake4 running, as well as eduke, i was always a duke fan. spent so many hours making maps for it. im working on getting ut going tonigt before i move into getting others working under wine.

so far im impressed with myself, i was never able to get any games working on my last 64bit install.

but i need to get this doom port workign. unless someone has a suggestion for another doom port with 3d models and high res packs available for me? preferably something in teh repos or aur

this is a signature

#2 2008-09-02 19:12:21

G_Syme

Re: vavoom?

I'm not using vavoom right now, but I've tried to update the package today to version 1.28, but with no luck. The package doesn't want to build with makepkg, but on the other hand the source compiles fine if I run cmake and make manually.

As for other doom ports, doomsday may be what you are looking for.

The courageous enter dark caves alone.
The clever send in the courageous first.
The cleverest wait behind the clever.

#3 2008-09-02 21:56:51

G_Syme

Re: vavoom?

In case you want to try vavoom again, I've updated it to 1.28 and sent it to AUR.
At least my compiling problem has been solved. It doesn't seem to like concurrent compiling, so I had to use "make -j1" to get it working.
As for x86_64, I don't know either. For i686, I've tested vavoom with doom2.wad in ~/.vavoom and utilizing the launcher (for which I've added a .desktop file), and it seems to work fine.

The only thing that disappoints me is that I cannot get either vavoom nor doomsday to run so that my (relative recent) notebook doesn't have to spin its fan at full speed. I'm still looking for an option to set a frame rate limit in vavoom.

Have fun!

The courageous enter dark caves alone.
The clever send in the courageous first.
The cleverest wait behind the clever.

Board footer