You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-02 10:08:55

daneel971

[SOLVED] akregator doesn't show images in the preview pane

I have three different PCs with Arch and kdemod-legacy (that is, kde 3.5.9) and on all of them I use akregator (a RSS/Atom feed reader).
One of the feed I subscribed is from an image board: when new images are uploaded to the site, I'm notified and clicking on the link in the articles section of akregator I can see in the lower pane a thumbnail of the image.
However this doesn't happen on my third pc: I *suppose* the installed applications and libraries are the same between all the machines, and the akregator options seems to be same as well.
Does anybody have an idea about this?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Last edited by daneel971 (2008-09-03 06:11:17)

#2 2008-09-02 20:37:57

Daren

Re: [SOLVED] akregator doesn't show images in the preview pane

I may be stating the obvious, but it's the only thing I can think of: do you have the option set to load the full article in the pane?

Without this, it just displays an overview.

Can't think of any other reason, as AFAIK Akregator uses the KDE base libraries which I imagine you must have installed.

#3 2008-09-03 06:10:12

daneel971

Re: [SOLVED] akregator doesn't show images in the preview pane

Thanks for your reply.

Daren wrote:

do you have the option set to load the full article in the pane?
Without this, it just displays an overview.

That's right - I don't use that option because it's usually unnecessary: the overview usually does show a thumbnail of the image, and I can avoid loading the entire page.
Anyway, I noticed that switching from RSS to Atom (for the same feed, I mean) solves the issue - so maybe it was related to the type of feed used.

Board footer