You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-04 02:28:34

skottish
Forum Fellow

Geany Latex plug-in PDF preview doesn't work [NEVER MIND]

See the end of this post

Does anyone know how to get the Geany Latex plug-in PDF preview to work? For a while it was creating a shell script in the current directory that didn't have execute permissions for the user, now I can't tell if it's even doing that (the script was designed to erase itself). I tried with both sakura and xterm as the terminal, as well as I tried with evince (my preferred viewer) and xpdfview. Also, the DVI preview doesn't work.

--EDIT--

Wait! The script magically returned. It's called geany_run_script.sh and it looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

evince "/home/skottish/latex/1/John.pdf"

echo "

------------------
(program exited with code: $?)"         

rm $0

It works if it's chmoded then executed, but that's totally pointless for the user to do.

--FINAL EDIT--

I've spent far too much time on text editors. The reality is that Scite is a perfect fit for me. It's fast as hell, supports every language I want, it's fully scriptable, has auto completion... it does everything I need it to do and far more. I'm sure a very simply Lau script will implement this and anything else that I need.

--FINAL EDIT, THE NEXT GENERATION--

In Scite, you just need to put something like this in one of the options files. This works for Evince. The menu item 'pdfPreview' will be in the 'Tools' menu for .tex files:

# PDF preview through Evince
command.name.1.$(file.patterns.tex)=pdfPreview
command.1.$(file.patterns.tex)=pdflatex $(FileName) && evince $(FileName).pdf
command.subsystem.1.$(file.patterns.tex)=0

Making the second command line into this will clear up the .aux, .log. and .pdf files also:

command.1.$(file.patterns.tex)=pdflatex $(FileName) && evince $(FileName).pdf && rm $(FileName).aux $(FileName).log $(FileName).pdf

Now onto spell check...............................

--FINAL EDIT, BACK TO THE BEGINNING AGAIN--

It turns out with Geany all that needs to be done is to add this to Build-->Set Arguments-->PDF creation. Then when you go Build--> Latex -> PDF, it would launch evince:

pdflatex --file-line-error-style "%f" && evince "%e".pdf

Of course adding this to the end would clean up the build files also:

&& rm "%e".pdf "%e".log "%e".aux

Last edited by skottish (2008-09-05 21:18:29)

Board footer