You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-06 05:45:24

B-Con
Website

xdiskusage doesn't run when not run from a terminal

Whenever I try to run xdiskusage from a terminal (xterm, xfce-terminal, etc) it executes fine. However, if I try to run it from elsewhere, say from an openbox menu or via gmrun, the xdiskusage window (of an incorrect size) comes up with a frozen image of the wallpaper -- as if the window never got initialized. I've tried using the full path, just in case, but nothing changed.

I've had this happen on two separate computers with Arch, so I'm fairly certain it's not a local bug (although I do tend to maintain virtually identical installs on both computers).

What on earth could be going on? I don't recall this happening before, but I'm not sure I ever tried not using from a terminal before. Could it possibly be related to the recent locale changes that've been made? (I've seen some apps complaining about locale's as of late.)

#2 2008-09-06 06:07:44

freigeist

Re: xdiskusage doesn't run when not run from a terminal

Confirmed, same problem here. You should file a bug.

Elfenbeinturm.cc
a metaphysical space of solitude and sanctity: http://www.elfenbeinturm.cc

#3 2008-09-06 10:29:47

dav7

Same here, too. '(sleep 1; xdiskusage) & x' (x = exit here) causes the window to appear but not redraw (probably the OP's "window with wallpaper" issue, which didn't make much sense to me).

Btw, *what* toolkit does that app use?! yikes

-dav7

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#4 2008-09-06 10:43:13

B-Con
Website

Good, it's not just me.

Bug report filed: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11407

Last edited by B-Con (2008-09-06 10:43:33)

Board footer