You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-14 01:52:05

FrancisBurke

Usergroup for a Sony Ereader prs-505

Hello, I'm new to Arch Linux but not new to Linux. I was reading the WIKI for 'groups' here :

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Groups

And I noticed these two groups :

tty = access to serial/USB devices like modems or handhelds

storage = access to external drives (hard drives, flash/jump drives, mp3 players, etc)

I see that these two groups probably serve the function that 'plugdev' does in other distributions. I was thinking about buying a Sony Ereader prs-505 and I was wondering which group I would have to use it under.  Is it possible that some devices like the Sony Ereader would not work without adding a 'plugdev' group to /etc/group  with 'groupadd'? (that depends on the code of 'Calibre' actually which I haven't looked at yet)

Here is a picture of the Sony Ereader prs-505 for those that never heard of it before and stuff (it's an alternative to the Amazon Kindle) :

sony-prs-505-ebook-lg2.jpg

__

Last edited by FrancisBurke (2008-05-14 02:10:16)

#2 2008-09-06 14:16:20

ould

Re: Usergroup for a Sony Ereader prs-505

While I can't answer your question I just wanted to let you know that I wrote a PKGBUILD for Calibre. I too am contemplating getting a Sony Reader and wanted to try out calibre first to make sure it worked and converted some of my existing books before I took the plunge. Anyways if you are interested in a PKGBUILD let me know, it is for the trunk version.

Kevin

Board footer