You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-10 06:39:53

nielsb
Website

VirtualBox problem: Every 10-12:th second the guest stops responding

So I have some VirtualBox (VB) issues. The following is a copy of a post I made on the VB forums. I thought I'd post it here as well (as I run Arch), to see if some VB users have experienced the same thing.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I'm running ArchLinux x86_64 on a MacBook 4.1 dual-booting with OSX. On the linux partition (ArchLinus as I said) I'm running VB (non OSE), with Windows 2008 Server as guest. My xorg version is xorg-server 1.4.2 (I was bitten by VB not supporting xorg-server 1.5).

My problem is that each 10-12:th second the guest stops to responding to key-board and/or mouse input/movement for 3 - 4 seconds. This happens for every VB version, 1.6.2 and up, including 2.0 (with respective guest additions). As far as I can remember this was not an issue a month or so ago, with VB 1.6.0 and 1.6.2. Since then I have re-installed ArchLinux, so I wonder if this has something to do with some xorg related packages.

My host system does not show any of these issues. Also, the exactly same vdi-file works absolutely fine when I run it on VB on my OSX partition, so I'm ruling out an issue with the guest.

Anyone have any ideas what it can be, and/or how I can trouble-shoot this further?

Just a couple of more datapoints; my MacBook has 4 Gb of ram and my guest has 1.9 Gb assigned to it (the same holds true when I run from the OSX partition).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Has anyone here in the Arch community seen this, any ideas of what it can be??

Niels

MacBook4.1 - Arch64 - OpenBox WM

Board footer