You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-09 01:03:33

Eivuwan

I can't figure out the command line to make my HP scanner work.

Ok, so I have setup my HP Photosmart C4280 printer so that everything works except for the scanner. Now, the reason why the scanner won't work is because under configure-settings-commands, the command box for the scan function is empty. Now I have figured out that I need to do something with sane and somehow make hp-setup use sane to scan. I have figured out that the command probably starts with "scanimage -d hpaio:/usb/Photosmart_C4200_series?serial=MY75MFN14X04VP." However, I do not know what I am suppose to put after that to make my scanner scan actual size jpg (or other format) images.

#2 2008-09-12 09:06:31

The Avatar of Time

Re: I can't figure out the command line to make my HP scanner work.

Hello,

I could be way off base here, but have you by chance done this:

Open a terminal and login as root:

su root

Then issue this command:

echo "hpaio" >> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

If so then I'll do some checking and see what I can come up with, if not that command is required to use xsane with an HP printer I believe.

I have an HP Officejet 5610 AIO and installing hplip, giving the above command, starting cups, and running hp-setup is all that I have ever had to do in order to use the scanner.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

#3 2008-09-12 23:22:41

Eivuwan

Re: I can't figure out the command line to make my HP scanner work.

thank you. I'll let you know in November or December when I have time to setup arch linux on my new laptop. I think I'll let everyone know how linux works on the Dell E6400. Of course, by then, other more linux savvy people might have already written a guide on it.

Board footer