You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-05 07:57:39

dav7

bmpanel keeps throwing errors when run

After finally managing to compile bmpanel, I keep getting the following error, every second. As in, it repeats every single second.

***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
    This program is calling the Imlib call:

imlib_blend_image_onto_image();

With the parameter:

source_image

being NULL. Please fix your program.

I have a feeling that this is because I'm not using xcompmgr because my chipset does not support composite rendering...?

Is there a way I can disable composite support if this is the case, or can I simply close the terminal and ignore the messages and not worry about some buffer filling up and crashing my system?

Also, two other issues:
* Where do I put themes? I can't see any info on this anywhere; yaourt deletes a package's source files when it's done compiling them automatically (a very B A D idea, IMHO) so if they're in there, I've no idea.
* Why is the panel offset by its own height from the bottom of my screen?

-dav7

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#2 2008-09-05 11:10:44

dmz
Website

Re: bmpanel keeps throwing errors when run

dav7 wrote:

After finally managing to compile bmpanel, I keep getting the following error, every second. As in, it repeats every single second.

***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
    This program is calling the Imlib call:

imlib_blend_image_onto_image();

With the parameter:

source_image

being NULL. Please fix your program.

I have a feeling that this is because I'm not using xcompmgr because my chipset does not support composite rendering...?

Is there a way I can disable composite support if this is the case, or can I simply close the terminal and ignore the messages and not worry about some buffer filling up and crashing my system?

Also, two other issues:
* Where do I put themes? I can't see any info on this anywhere; yaourt deletes a package's source files when it's done compiling them automatically (a very B A D idea, IMHO) so if they're in there, I've no idea.
* Why is the panel offset by its own height from the bottom of my screen?

-dav7

There's no config files för bmpanel, all configuration is done in the theme-files. If you want to disable composite:

use_composite            0

#3 2008-09-05 11:37:50

smakked

Put themes in /home/yourusername/.bmpanel

Certified Android Junkie
Arch 64

#4 2008-09-05 22:08:27

pyther
Website

Is this a 64bit system if so checkout the git and build that.

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#5 2008-09-14 13:55:21

dav7

Oh hi again, I thought nobody ever commented on my post. Heh, thanks. This is on a 32-bit system but I have to keep composite disabled (support and/or xcompmgr or similar) because sooner or later something will fail and X will crash. Well, specifically, the Intel driver will crash. mad

Thanks for the theme suggestion, I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever find bmpanel interesting again.

-dav7

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

Board footer