You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-10 23:44:30

phunkedelik

hmm not sure if this is a bug.... scroll wheel issue

i just did a pacman -Syu today and got the new kernel. when i rebooted my only issue is that i can no longer use my scroll wheel while my mouse is over the toolbar to change desktops anymore. clicking the arrow is a  pain and i know it still works on the bg but is there a way to re-enable this feature?

**edit i posted here cuz i am.... kinda a n00b when it comes to this OS but im slowly learning. mods- feel free to move this to where ever you want it to be(w/e forum category)

Last edited by phunkedelik (2008-09-10 23:49:08)

#2 2008-09-10 23:54:32

phunkedelik

Re: hmm not sure if this is a bug.... scroll wheel issue

forgot to post this..... its fluxbox window manager's toolbar... im fairy sure it was the kernel update that did it because that is the only thing ive changed

#3 2008-09-11 05:58:18

dav7

Fluxbox' system default configuration probably got updated. I'm assuming you haven't created your own fluxbox config file (no idea how to do that, I use openbox and love it), so fluxbox simply looks at the system default config and reads its options from that. I've no idea what setting(s) you'd want to change to get the behavior back, since fluxbox uses an antique X resource-esque configuration format, and openbox uses XML.

Tip: if you want to use this as a chance to try openbox, I personally recommend you try using it with tint2, which I use, and like a heap.

-dav7

Last edited by dav7 (2008-09-11 05:59:44)

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#4 2008-09-11 21:40:21

phunkedelik

nah... i have my own fluxbox conf file.... nothing else changed but w/e ill google around and see if there is an option for that behaivor to toggle on/off

#5 2008-09-11 23:06:29

methuselah

If you have the testing repository uncommented, it could be the new synaptics driver update.

I had used the testing repository for a whole year with basically no major problmes, and finally with the -Syu the other day I ran into issues with the new xorg and my nvidia's XF86Config line 18 "wrong path to RGB" problem. So I downgraded xorg back to my working version.

Then I had a synaptics problem. My touchpad no longer scrolled and it was very fast and loose.

After downgding synaptics, I had a gtk problem with the address bar and some dotted line..... so I just downgraded the rest of the testing packages and am only using the regualr repositories now.

#6 2008-09-16 06:59:20

borix

This is just fluxbox "bug".
Problem is that settings of things like scrolling were moved to ~/.fluxbox/keys file and developers forgot to add lines for scrolling in toolbar.
To fix it, you just have to add these two lines to ~/.fluxbox/keys :
OnToolbar Mouse4 :NextWorkspace
OnToolbar Mouse5 :PrevWorkspace

#7 2008-09-18 21:35:14

phunkedelik

thanks /me restarts fluxbox and checks SOLVED D:

Board footer