You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-18 02:51:16

virati

s2ram, sound and restart problems

I've got a Asus P5Q-Deluxe motherboard and i just installed the s2ram package (whatever it's name is). I found the option for my motherboard/system to be 's2ram -f -a3 -p' to make sure my graphics card also comes back up. Unfortunately, the analog output of my sound card (using ALSA) is turned off when I resume. Everything else seems fine funcionality wise. The only other issue is that my system will not reboot anymore: it gets all the way to the very very end when it says "System rebooting" but then just doesn't reboot. I have to manually press the power button and that's not exactly what I had in mind when i wanted to "reboot". Any suggestions on where i could even start to tackle this problem?

#2 2008-09-19 05:28:44

virati

Re: s2ram, sound and restart problems

any suggestions? I think s2ram is severly messing up my system because of this problem. For a while i was getting errors with udev on startup that would halt arch in it's tracks. Where do I start to address the problem?

#3 2008-09-19 12:12:25

timetrap
Website

First question: try restarting alsa after your resume

sudo /etc/rc.d/alsa restart

Second question: You must 'halt' your computer

sudo shutdown -h now

#4 2008-09-20 18:59:00

virati

restarting alsa doesn't change anything. My Analog out will not work until i restart my computer. However, my digital out still works after I resume from suspend. Why is my analog out farting out on me after i resume?

As for halting - i was under the impression that a reboot is just a special type of halt. Either way, it freezes right at the end, where my computer would usually turn itself off. It just sits there saying "Computer restarting" or "computer shutting down" or something to that effect.

Board footer