You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-08 07:27:45

Moo-Crumpus

Linuxant driver do well on arch

Just wanted to tell you, I installed linuxant wlan driver mapper in arch 7, and it does it's job very well.

So, if you have or want to use unsupported wlan devices, linuxant may be an option.

I would prefer to have the hardware natively supported, but meanwhile ... smile

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#2 2004-09-08 13:15:02

Moo-Crumpus

Re: Linuxant driver do well on arch

The permanent licence fee is $ 19.95. Not so much if you really need it. The license is bound to a hardwares mac adress.
There is also a 30 day trial version.

http://www.linuxant.com/store/

Frumpus addict

#3 2004-09-08 22:00:54

afu

I have been using it on my laptop for a year now with no problems at all (unless I overwrite my modules with new kernel tongue).

Unless it has changed, the trial version runs at 33k or some other slower-than-slow speed.

-Shawn

#4 2004-09-08 23:03:23

jp_fielding

i had been using that on a fedora 2 install with a hyper threaded processor. but now ndiswrapper (.sf.net) works well with HT, a free and stable alternative is available

#5 2005-01-05 22:51:22

Pechorin
Website

Can somebody give me a hand with installing driverloader? Well, actually, I got it installed (the drivers) and the module loads fine, etc. but I have no clue what to do next. Driverloader loads for eth1.

I tried using the scripts from arch wiki, adjusting them to eth1, and it simply fails without errors. When I tried using scripts that come with the distro (wlan), it simply spat out that wlan0 is not present, even though I changed everything to eth1.

Can anybody tell me what to do next? I know it sounds like I didn't do my homework, but I am simply lost, and I have no idea what to do. Linuxant doesn't give any usefull documentation.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to mention smile It's dlink DWL-520, I can make it work only with driverloader (it's a later revision), on a desktop system, so it's PCI.

#6 2005-01-06 17:33:00

Moo-Crumpus

METHOD C: TAR PACKAGE (*.tar.gz)
If you have obtained the driver package in tar format:

1. extract the package with "tar -xzf driverloader-{version}.tar.gz"

2. change to the package directory with "cd driverloader-{version}"

3. run "make install" from the top of the package directory.

4. run "dldrconfig" to complete the installation and configure your device.

(Alternatively to this whole procedure you may generate RPMS from the tar package using rpmbuild -ta driverloader-{version}.tar.gz")

AFTER INSTALLATION
If an error occurred during installation, please see the sections 'BUGS' and 'REPORTING PROBLEMS' below.

Otherwise, simply point your browser to DriverLoader's web configurator at http://127.0.0.1:18020/ and login as "root" to complete the installation.

Unless already included by your vendor, it will be necessary to supply DriverLoader a copy of the .INF and .SYS files from the vendor's driver (available on the CDROM which came with the product or from their website) and a valid license key, available from http://www.linuxant.com/store/.

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wl … php#METHOD C

Frumpus addict

#7 2005-01-06 18:34:42

Pechorin
Website

Thanks, but that's not the problem that I have. Once I am done installing the drivers, how do I activate the device?

#8 2005-01-06 19:06:59

Pechorin
Website

Ok, I got it running. Once I switched it to eth0 and used wireless scripts from the wiki, everything works. I am still not exactly sure why smile

Thanks!

#9 2005-01-06 19:11:31

Pechorin
Website

Ok, I got it running. Once I switched it to eth0 and used wireless scripts from the wiki, everything works. I am still not exactly sure why smile

Thanks!

Board footer