You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-21 17:39:24

scrawler

pun or flux?

Hey guys,

I just happened to notice that punbb was forked to fluxbb.  Everyone but me probably already knows this.  Here's an article about it:

http://jivebay.com/2008/05/09/punbb-forks-into-fluxbb/

and here's fluxbb's website:

http://fluxbb.org/

I'm wondering, is arch considering a switch?  It's no big deal either way, but fluxbb seems to be where most of the development is happening these days.

#2 2008-09-21 18:42:17

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Re: pun or flux?

Yeah we'll be moving to fluxbb when I and/or Dusty get around to it. There's no hurry though wink

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#3 2008-09-21 18:44:33

moljac024

neotuli wrote:

Yeah we'll be moving to fluxbb when I and/or Dusty get around to it. There's no hurry though wink

Lazy developer - is there a better one ? wink

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#4 2008-09-21 21:24:38

wirenik

neotuli wrote:

What will happen to all the users and posts?

moljac024: No one really knows what happens inside /dev/null... it could be a gateway to another universe....
dunc: If it is, the people who live there must be getting pretty annoyed by now with all the junk we send them.

#5 2008-09-21 21:33:49

scrawler

wirenik wrote:

Nothing.  They'll just point the "new" forum to the old database and copy style info over.  the only thing that will be different will be the "powered by punbb" line at the bottom of each page...

#6 2008-09-21 21:39:38

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

neotuli wrote:

Not me. I hate php. If I do anything it'll be migrating the forum to a django board of my own design. There's definitely no hurry on that. ;-)

Dusty

#7 2008-09-21 22:08:33

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Dusty wrote:
neotuli wrote:

Not me. I hate php. If I do anything it'll be migrating the forum to a django board of my own design. There's definitely no hurry on that. ;-)

Dusty

Damn over achievers...

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#8 2008-09-21 22:09:43

moljac024

wirenik wrote:
neotuli wrote:

They will all be gone. Doesn't matter since a black hole will eat us up anyway tongue

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

Board footer