You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-07 16:19:24

mandato10

make error in chinput

Hi...I'm trying to install a chinese input program called chinput.  However, I'm receiving this error when making it

gcc -c -Wall -g -DFOR_PILOT_COMPAT -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -DIMLIB -I./include -I./IMdkit/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include    keyboard.c
keyboard.c:27: error: conflicting types for 'ForwardEvent'
keyboard.c:27: note: an argument type that has a default promotion can't match an empty parameter name list declaration
all.h:260: error: previous declaration of 'ForwardEvent' was here
keyboard.c:27: error: conflicting types for 'ForwardEvent'
keyboard.c:27: note: an argument type that has a default promotion can't match an empty parameter name list declaration
all.h:260: error: previous declaration of 'ForwardEvent' was here
make[1]: *** [keyboard.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wir3d/Chinput-3.0.2/src'
make: *** [chinput] Error 2

What could this error suggest?
I've been searching in google for a solution but no success so far... :x

Thanks.

#2 2004-09-09 14:19:51

ovihc

Re: make error in chinput

i noticed that no one has replied to you, so i'll try to help you.

i have had problems like you. i try to compile simple programs that i know can be compiled, but somehow i get error after error. the problem with me was that i was compiling with gcc 3.4, while the programs could only be compiled in gcc 3.3 try to use pacman to force gcc 3.3 if you had the base installation cd, it's on there. just use "find /mnt/cd -name gcc*" and it will tell you where it is. then use "pacman -A --force gcc3........" . i forgot what the comand was, but i think it was that. read the pacman manual to check. if the package won't install for any reason, then i can't help you anymore. i try to install gcc3.3 over gcc3.4, but i can't anymore. plus, too many packages depend on it. maybe someone knows how to use gcc3.3 while having or removing gcc3.4

good luck.

Board footer