You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-19 09:28:04

zatricky
Website

kde save dialogs not abiding by "double-click rule"

Hey guys

I've been running Arch for about 8 weeks now and its been a (mostly) smooth experience. Something that's been irritating me recently with KDE4.1 is that the save dialogs in all apps "jump the gun".

For example, often I need to take multiple screenshots  one after the other with ksnapshot. I save the first one with a custom name and often want "screenshot.a.png" to be followed by "screenshot.b.png". If I select the previously-saved screenshot.a.png, which is a habit from previous versions of KDE and MS Windows, in order to automatically "copy" the name into the "Location" section, the save dialog assumes that I am done and continues as if I have clicked the [Save] button.

This can be particularly irritating if I do want to overwrite a file but I click an incorrect file by mistake. There is a "Cancel" button but there is no "Cancel and take me back to the save dialog box coz the file I wanted to save it as is in the folder I'd manually clicked 20 times to find" button. tongue

As a temporary workaround I have found that if I "drag-n-drop" the screenshot.a.png file within the same window that I can continue in the way I am used to. Dolphin *is* obeying the "Double-click to open files and folders (select icons on first click)" rule.

Is anyone else seeing the same issue? Is it perhaps some option that I'm missing or is it a bug in KDE4? I'm not sure if I'm just using bad google search terms but I haven't been able to find any other examples of the same issue.

pacman russian roulette: yes | pacman -Rcs $(pacman -Q | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))
(yes, I know its broken)

#2 2008-09-20 07:49:19

byte

Re: kde save dialogs not abiding by "double-click rule"

That one is slowly starting to annoy me as well.

#3 2008-09-23 08:35:57

zatricky
Website

Should've mentioned that I'm using kdemod. Byte, are you also using kdemod? If so, I reckon I should report the problem to them.

pacman russian roulette: yes | pacman -Rcs $(pacman -Q | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))
(yes, I know its broken)

#4 2008-09-25 10:32:01

byte

No, normal extra packages here.

I searched a bit:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=69676
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=128447
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=170979

You'll probably find quite a lot more regarding the KDE file dialogs, and also for inconsistent single/double-click behaviour.

#5 2008-09-25 10:50:22

zatricky
Website

Thanks, byte.

Seems my googling needs some practise. wink

(yes, I know its broken)

#6 2008-09-25 12:42:51

zatricky
Website

(yes, I know its broken)

Board footer