You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-30 00:22:35

Koonboi

Multi-Protocol Instant Messaging Clients

I have been using Pidgin recently, an dfor the most part I am fairly happy with it. But when I try to get on Yahoo! Instant Messanger, it will kick me off after a while, and say it had trouble, and ask if I want to reconnect. But it won't pop up, it will show it on the buddy list. So I can be offline for hours at a time, and not know it. And I was wondering if there was an Alternative to Pidgin that offers the good looks, and some of the features. All I really need is AIM and Yahoo! Instant Messanger.

TL;DR- I need a pidgin alternative. Suggestions?

"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

#2 2008-09-30 00:29:46

Square

Re: Multi-Protocol Instant Messaging Clients

Yahoo has been doing that to me too recently, and other people. It happens across a slew of clients, not just Pidgin, so I believe your problem isn't Pidgin related from data I've gathered.

For your other question... there's Kopete, or the CLI libpurple client Finch, CLI centerim, and possibly others I don't recall right away.

#3 2008-09-30 00:34:43

Koonboi

If it isn't Pidgin there isn't much of a reason to switch. Is there any fix to this?

"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

#4 2008-09-30 01:23:50

Square

If it's Yahoo's server, I doubt there's much we can do. I'll take a browse around the web and see if anything turns up for some actual information on the matter.

One link which suggests it's pidgin's fault hmm
If this is so, it shouldn't be long before it's taken care of.
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/7166

Seems we'll have to wait for 2.5.2 (Which should be out very soon)

Last edited by Square (2008-09-30 01:44:31)

Board footer