You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-29 21:48:44

chochem
Website

Openbox shortcuts export to Compiz?

My laptop's been getting some hardware upgrades lately and I figured it was time to get reacquanited with the whole Gnome/Compiz hoopla again. To my surprise, I quite like the look and feel of it, but I sorely miss my Openbox shortcuts. Any suggestions as to how to incorporate them? I knwo that the specific Openbox actions are obviously lost but there are a lot of <command>s in there. (Oh and I know that I can use Openbox in GNOME but that sort of defeats the purpose).

#2 2008-09-29 21:57:43

moljac024

Re: Openbox shortcuts export to Compiz?

xbindkeys for WM/DE independent keyboard shortcuts (naturally, WM specific actions can't be set with it, but it's perfect for launching applications)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-10-01 09:38:56

chochem
Website

Re: Openbox shortcuts export to Compiz?

Thanks foir suggestion, moljac024. Any suggestions for easy conversions rc.xml to xbindkeys format?

Board footer