You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-01 06:21:43

doorknob60

Guitar Praise (GH Clone) so close to working on wine

Well, I got a game called guitar praise. It's based on OpenGL, and the program itself seems to work flawlessly, but the guitar however, does not. It's wireless. When I plug it in, dmesg identifies it as GUITAR PRAISE, and it shows up in programs like jscalibrator and jstest, showing all the axis and buttons. The problem is, even though it detects eveerything that it should, it doesn't detect anything at all. As soon as Linux starts liking the guitar, it should also work with the gamer, because the game menu says "One guitar found, press green fret to continue" It's not some proprietary device like I feared it would be, but it just doesn't quite work. (I'll try a rock band guitar as soon as I can borrow one and see if it works too big_smile) Any ideas? Unfortunately, this seems to be happening in both Kubuntu and Debian, (didn't actually test on my Arch box yet).

#2 2008-10-01 11:29:12

robmaloy

Re: Guitar Praise (GH Clone) so close to working on wine

tried getting it to work with oder games? (frets on fire)

☃ Snowman ☃

#3 2008-10-01 15:57:52

Dheart

Someone said there was a regression which made his drawing pad unrecognizeble in wine... Try recompiling older version of wine...

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

#4 2008-10-01 23:05:58

doorknob60

It's not a problem with Wine, programs like jstest and jscalibrator and the KDE joystick control panel all dectected it and all it's axis and buttons, but it didn't detect any changes when I pressed the buttons. I'm sure it'd work great with Frets on Fire if I can fix it though (I plan on using it for FoF). Sorry if I didn't word it well, I wrote my original post right before I went to bed tongue

Board footer