You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-30 20:00:21

B-Con
Website

Deluge prevents TCP connections on start

I think this problem is specific to me, since I can't find anything about it anywhere else. Deluge (as of the new release 0.9.09) has decided to make downloading torrents and accessing the Internet mutually exclusive tasks when it first starts a torrent.

When Deluge had an active torrent, I noted that I couldn't access any website. I opened up Wireshark and noted that all SYN packets from my computer to *anywhere* were never recieving a reply. But the moment I pause the active torrent(s), my SYN packets are answered from remote servers like normal. I'm presuming that UDP can still get in/out, since DNS queries to external DNS servers still work.

The funny thing is, after Deluge had been running for about 5 to 10 minutes, everything goes back to normal.

I tried cleansing my iptables, just in case I had a funky rule, but that changed nothing.

Any ideas as to what could cause this?

#2 2008-09-30 21:50:52

pyther
Website

Re: Deluge prevents TCP connections on start

It seems like your having a problem with your router. Try setting a max upload speed (80-90% of your max up speed)

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#3 2008-10-03 03:49:29

B-Con
Website

Re: Deluge prevents TCP connections on start

I think I figured out why, and it's related to what you said. The new Deluge version has the option to set a cap for half-open connections, and max connections per second established. Both are unlimited by default. The torrent I'm connecting to has a large number of seeders and peers, I wonder if Deluge is deluging my router with open connections as it tries to get into the swarm. I'll experiment with it when I have the chance.

Board footer