You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-07 05:41:21

smakked

Openbox Slow

Well i really like OB and want to use it but it is slow on my system for some reason. Slow as in opening any application is not instant it lags for at least 2 -3 second and on some apps more like 5 - 7 seconds. I am running XFCE atm and it is snappy, i click an app and *bang* is is there.
Any ideas what the slow down might be? I have even done a full reinstall but have the same issue.

Certified Android Junkie
Arch 64

#2 2008-10-07 06:11:33

Rasi
Website

Re: Openbox Slow

smakked wrote:

Well i really like OB and want to use it but it is slow on my system for some reason. Slow as in opening any application is not instant it lags for at least 2 -3 second and on some apps more like 5 - 7 seconds. I am running XFCE atm and it is snappy, i click an app and *bang* is is there.
Any ideas what the slow down might be? I have even done a full reinstall but have the same issue.

run it from cli and watch for messages... often this is caused by dbus session not running...

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

Board footer