You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-10 11:10:54

dav7

Can someone help me figure out this Festival voice's package?

For a while I've been wanting to know what package contains the "Nick - 2 (English RP)" speaker as it's called on the festival demo page, but haven't been able to figure it out. Maybe Arch has it already, and I don't know how to switch to the voice.

At any rate, how do I "get" that voice? hmm

-dav7

Last edited by dav7 (2008-10-10 11:11:56)

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#2 2008-10-10 13:08:29

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Re: Can someone help me figure out this Festival voice's package?

extra/festival-awb-arctic 1.0-1
    Scottish English male speaker (AWB), using excited residual LPC multisyn database.
extra/festival-don 1.95-1
    British English RP male speaker using using spike excited LPC diphone database
extra/festival-kallpc16k 1.95-2
    British English RP male speaker
extra/festival-rablpc16k 1.95-1
    British English RP male speaker

Those are the pkgs that show up when I search for "festival" (pacman -Ss festival). I would suggest taking a look at the PKGBUILDs for those packages to see if you can create a pkg for the voice that you want.

There are a few voices in the AUR too.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#3 2008-10-10 14:39:00

dav7

Re: Can someone help me figure out this Festival voice's package?

That's just it! I don't know the voice I want. hmm sad

Well, I do know the voice by its "pretty name", but that name is probably one of a group of voices.

I'll note that I sent off a message to an email address noted on the page a while ago requesting info but never got responded to. The message didn't bounce, so I assume the inbox isn't checked too often (I sent the message at least a week ago, so it be bordering on "stupidly rarely" if that were the case), or it has simply been abandoned after a huge influx of spam, or something - the message isn't encoded, in that it uses @s and .s.

I'll also note that I've gone through both the official repos and AUR more than once with yaourt, and installed most of what I found there, with no success.

-dav7

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

Board footer