You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-13 00:13:06

SomeGuyDude

Changing the cursor theme in LXDE? (bonus: issues with icon themes)

Hey all.

I was looking for a simple method to do this and am totally failing. Searching LXDE and "cursor theme" doesn't get me much so I was looking at how to do it in Openbox. That involves editing the .Xdefaults file which I didn't have, and upon creating one threw everything to hell.

I was poking at the ~/.config/LXDE/config" file and noticed it had things outlined such as my icon theme and GTK theme, but saw no option for X11 cursor. Is there somewhere for that?

BTW, I'm sorry if I've been stupid lately with questions, I only just signed up after figuring I'd stay off the forums until I had my system 99% complete on my own and now I feel like I'm asking overly basic stuff, but honest injun I do a lot of searching before I post. tongue

Last edited by SomeGuyDude (2008-10-13 01:20:40)

And in the midst of such perfection,
I can't help but feel diseased.

#2 2008-10-13 00:30:37

wimac
Website

Re: Changing the cursor theme in LXDE? (bonus: issues with icon themes)

try putting:
export XCURSOR_THEME="Bluecurve"

in your ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh
replace Bluecurve with the theme of your choice and restart X that should do it...

.wimac

//screenshots//configs//

#3 2008-10-13 00:30:53

fwojciec

I don't know about a method specific to LXDE but the following will change the cursor theme globally:
1. Create directory /usr/share/icons/default
2. Inside this directory create a file called "index.theme" with the following content:

[icon theme]
Inherits=neutral

Replace "neutral" with the name of the cursor theme you want to use.
3. Restart X.

#4 2008-10-13 00:55:43

SomeGuyDude

wimac wrote:

try putting:
export XCURSOR_THEME="Bluecurve"

in your ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh
replace Bluecurve with the theme of your choice and restart X that should do it...

There isn't any such file. ~/.config/openbox just has a "lxde-rc.xml" in it.

fwojciec, that worked. Thanks a million. Looks like I'm juuuuust about set on this thing. A few more hiccups to figure out and I'll be golden (all related to cosmetics). big_smile

#5 2008-10-13 01:43:53

SomeGuyDude

New problem. Having issues with icon themes. I downloaded two from gnome-look: Hydroxygen and Gnome-Colors. Should be simple stuff, but it's not working out.

If I put the theme in /usr/share/icons, then it looks like this in my appearance dialog:

29cw9hi.jpg

Using ~/.icons doesn't help, it only alters which icons don't work (which is strange). I can use another theme I found (Eikon), but it seems like half of the icons don't work here. They worked fine in Ubuntu, however.

Board footer