You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-11 22:38:56

WeeDie

Open file/browse-file dialog window size too small

It seems like the size of the "Open file" and "Browse file"-dialog windows have become too small to use efficiently.
I'm not sure if this is related to the latest updates from testing, but it wasn't like this before. I have to resize the dialog window every time in order to be able to select files and folders.

The changes are not saved across the same session of a program, but it does result in unpredictable behavior in gedit.
If I resize the open file dialog, then close the dialog, then open it again, the changes are sometimes preserved, but not always. Sometimes it's small and sometimes it's resized, and there's no way of telling.

I'm running compiz-fusion and emerald, but the bug is not related to window manager, as it's the same with metacity and openbox. So it's for all GTK programs.

When I try to run gnome-appearance-properties, I get:
"Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with the GNOME settings manager."
and the problem remains no mather what GTK theme I choose.

Is gnome-settings-daemon responsible for this kind of behavior?

Last edited by WeeDie (2008-10-12 00:52:03)

#2 2008-10-13 16:51:55

WeeDie

Re: Open file/browse-file dialog window size too small

The issue was resolved by updating all to gnome-desktop 2.24 from testing..
Seems like the swedish repository mirrors are a bit left behind..

#3 2008-10-13 17:28:27

dmz
Website

Re: Open file/browse-file dialog window size too small

I am using Awesome 2.3 and I have the same problem.

Board footer