You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-18 06:08:14

SomeGuyDude

[SOLVED] Cannot get Flash beta in Arch64

I read the other threads, I saw what they said, I followed the directions, it's still not working.

I installed the nswrapper beta plugins (including the mozilla one) from AUR, and when I run the "nspluginwrapper -v -a -i" command I get:

[crew@myhost ~]$ nspluginwrapper -v -a -i
Auto-install plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
Looking for plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-gmp.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libnpsoplugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-qt.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-wmp.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-dvx.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-rm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Auto-install plugins from /home/crew/.mozilla/plugins
Looking for plugins in /home/crew/.mozilla/plugins

Then, my ~/.mozilla/plugins folder is empty. There's nothing there. And flash does not load whatsoever.

Other threads say the ELFCLASS64 error has nothing to do with it, but if that's the case how the heck do I make it work? I've run it as root and as a user.

Last edited by SomeGuyDude (2008-10-18 07:18:49)

And in the midst of such perfection,
I can't help but feel diseased.

#2 2008-10-18 06:23:50

peart

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot get Flash beta in Arch64

I have this nspluginwrapper and this flashplugin installed, and all works fine.  After installing the 2nd one, pacman tells you to run these 2 commands:

nspluginwrapper -v -r ~/.mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so;
nspluginwrapper -i /opt/mozilla/lib/plugins/libflashplayer.so

HTH

PS: Don't run the commands as root because you want them to affect your user's .mozilla dir, not root's.

#3 2008-10-18 07:18:29

SomeGuyDude

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot get Flash beta in Arch64

That worked, thank ya.

And in the midst of such perfection,
I can't help but feel diseased.

Board footer