You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-23 22:34:56

Sjoden
Website

Can't delete photos from Digikam.

I'm using openbox and use slim(.xinitrc) to log in. I just start nitrogen and openbox.(Maybe I need to load something for KDE?)I installed Digikam, added my camera and downloaded the photos from it. I tried to delete some that I didn't want, and Digikam gives me and error saying that it can't rename the file. It does this with RAW and jpeg images.

Could not rename 
file /home/zack/photos/temp/2008-10-07/IMG_3511.CR2.

I don't have a trash option in the navigation pane in PCMANFM, but I can delete files, so I guess they aren't going to a temporary trash place. So I installed kdebase(kde 4), hoping that it would have whatever DE goodness I needed, and restarted. Still no luck. I can't figure out how to delete files from from Digikam. Downloading kdebase wasn't a total waste cause I like Konqueror a lot, especially for its Samba support. Could it have to do with Digikam still being in the 3.5.9 stage?

Zack

#2 2008-10-23 23:31:52

chilebiker

Re: Can't delete photos from Digikam.

When i switched from KDE t oOpenbox Digikam stopped working. For no reason it wouldn't detect my camera. After a while I got tired and deinstalled the program. Now I'm using EmelFM2 and Hal to acces my camera and it works perfectly!

Don't panic!

#3 2008-10-24 16:27:47

Sjoden
Website

Re: Can't delete photos from Digikam.

Thanks for your input smile. Looking at the screenshots for EmelFM2, that isn't really an option though. Digikam is fast, and has great/fast thumbnail support. I would rather try and solve the problem then avoid it.

Zack

Board footer