You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-22 14:37:44

solstice
Website

no session management in gnome 2.24

i upgraded to gnome 2.24 and taken care of doing it from the console.

(1) now session management is not working:
if i select autosave window on logout in session management properties
nothing is saved because when i login i got empty desktop.

anyone ?
is it an upstream bug ?

(2) sometimes (i don't know when), i got an ugly grey look for the top bar and all the decoration. when i launch appearance pref i got an error dialog that tells me that gnome-settings-daemon is not running ! if i choose again clearlook theme, i got everything back to normal. it happens only twice

(3) running compiz does not work with some method on the wiki. the one using a .desktop in /etc/X11/sessions and WINDOW_MANAGER variable. it's because the varaible is not taken into account with this new gnome ?
(3.1) switching desktop (or viewport) with gnome pager with compiz-fusion 0.7.8  running make crashes almost all gnome toolbar desktop ... and WM ? but i can change viewport/desktop with compiz without problem

#2 2008-10-22 14:41:47

GERGE
Website

Re: no session management in gnome 2.24

#3 2008-10-22 16:11:45

solstice
Website

here is the error dialog when i launch apperance preferences from system menu:

Impossible de démarrer le gestionnaire de paramètres « gnome-settings-daemon ».
Sans le gestionnaire de paramètres de GNOME activé, certaines préférences peuvent ne pas prendre effet. Ceci peut être dû à un problème avec Bonobo, ou qu'un gestionnaire de paramètres non-GNOME (par ex. KDE) est déjà actif et entre en conflit avec le gestionnaire de paramètres GNOME.

so it says: can't launch gnome-settings-daemon because of bonobo or any non-GNOME WM
i got no compiz running
it happens when i logout more than 2 times. and relogin may too fast and a daemon hasn't shutdown yet ??

#4 2008-10-22 16:19:16

solstice
Website

when i run in tilda gnome-session-properties, and click on the button 'remember currently running application', i got the error:

$ gnome-session-properties
** (gnome-session-properties:9943): DEBUG: Session saving is not implemented yet!

mad

#5 2008-10-25 02:06:15

toon

Thanks for this. I was losing my mind. New to Arch and sessions didn't work in my gnome either. Figured I had done something wrong. Guess not..

Another error her is that the systray icons randomly go to the panel, and the other times they get their own little windows..

Last edited by toon (2008-10-25 02:06:59)

Board footer