You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-28 20:57:55

_saiko
Website

xfce pager + compiz cube - mouse scroll doesn't work anymore

Using the default xfce compositor and virtual desktops, the pager in the panel was working with mouse scroll - I was able to change through virtual desktops with mouse scroll while over the pager.
Now with compiz-fusion (cube enabled) there are 4 vdesktops and the pager displays them properly - but mouse scroll doesn't work anymore (yes the option for mouse scrolling in pager is ENABLED).
What could be the cause for this and is there a solution?

Thanks

cat.7 - where crosstalk is not an issue anymore :'(

#2 2008-10-28 21:52:07

AD28

Re: xfce pager + compiz cube - mouse scroll doesn't work anymore

_saiko wrote:

Now with compiz-fusion (cube enabled) there are 4 vdesktops and the pager displays them properly - but mouse scroll doesn't work anymore (yes the option for mouse scrolling in pager is ENABLED).

I'm not sure if "vdesktops" here refers to virtual or vertical.  If you're using vertical desktops, try switching to horizontal.  These are my "General->Desktop Size" settings, and I can properly scroll through virtual pages in xfce+cfusion:

Horizontal Desktops: 4
Vertical Desktops: 1
Number of Desktops: 1

#3 2008-10-28 22:07:13

_saiko
Website

i'm refering to vdesktops (virtual desktops)

hm...i had it default 4|1|1 like in your case...

ok so when i increase the number of Desktops to something else... then the pager works like before (mouse scrolling works again) BUT show only one side of the cube, basically 4|1|4 setting gives 4 desktops per one side of cube and with mouse scroll i can only change the desktops on ONE side of the cube

what i want is to be able to use the mouse scrolling with 4|1|1 setting (one desktop per cube side) - i want to change cube sides with mouse scrolling while over pager, is that possible?

#4 2008-10-28 22:14:03

_saiko
Website

oh well... it's ok now

set the bindings ctrl-alt + scroll to change cube sides smile

#5 2008-10-28 22:15:39

AD28

After re-reading your original post, I realized that you meant scrolling over the pager applet region.  I'm just used to scrolling on the desktop area, and that works for me.  When I try to scroll on the pager applet, I'm getting the same results as you.

Board footer