You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-21 17:38:09

SavageMessiah

Firefox always starts maximized

Whenever I start firefox, it's maximized. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but I've got dual monitor with xinerama, and it spans both monitors. Even that would be tolerable, but it doesn't start centered, it starts with it's upperleft corner in the middle of the right monitor. It's a pain to drag it over and restore it. I'm using fluxbox-devel, and the remember stuff doesn't seem to work. I restore it from maximized, drag it over to the left monitor, make it a reasonable size, pick remember position and remember dimensions from the menu, and hit save on close and close. When start it again, it's back the way it was! It's really aggravating :evil: . Has anyone else had this problem? I can't seem to find any info on it.

#2 2004-09-21 17:59:33

sarah31
Website

Re: Firefox always starts maximized

if you close it maximized it will start maximized....that is my experience with firefox on two oses.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-09-22 00:48:28

SavageMessiah

Lol, wtf?! :shock: I don't know how many times I told it to save settings, and everytime I closed it, it wasn't maximized, but suddenly it's fine. Weird. I'm not complaining though.   smile

#4 2004-09-22 15:36:13

sarah31
Website

perhaps it is a bug with firefox have you looked through their bug tracker to see if this is a bug? perhaps googling will give you some info? also maybe check some other distros forums to see whats up.

i would help you out but my web browsing is limited to about an hour from work. i am not at home right now and where i am staying has no internet capabilities.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#5 2004-09-23 20:04:36

SavageMessiah

It acted up some more later. I think Fluxbox might be trying to save the settings of the download manager, because sometimes I close that last. It seems to work fine if I remember to close it first. I've been getting too much homework lately to be able to really investigate it.

Board footer