You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-18 17:51:12

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Swig, Subversion, and runtime libraries - oh my!

The new version of swig no longer distributes their runtime libraries (like libswigpy).  Subversion needs them, at the very least.

I understand that with a lot of fiddling I can get them built, but I don't want to support it if I don't have to.

The debian people are talking about fixes for subversion and swig 1.3.22.  It's the only package I can see that depends directly one swig.

It looks like gdesklets has swig as a makedepend, but I think it won't be affected.

Does anyone who uses swig have any suggestions or cautions before I go ahead with this?

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#2 2004-09-22 02:08:20

random.bits

Re: Swig, Subversion, and runtime libraries - oh my!

Other than needing subversion under Arch, I can't comment on Swig. Are you trying to work around it continue providing subversion?

#3 2004-09-22 04:08:17

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Swig, Subversion, and runtime libraries - oh my!

Subversion needs the version of swig we have currently.  The new swig breaks compatibility and subversion won't be able to use it.

The question is really for everyone else who uses swig.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer