You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-22 09:50:18

dunix

Mysql and X

Any1 know if there is a sql editor that runs in X?

If there is whats your favorit one?

Dunix the new Devil amongst Devils

#2 2004-09-22 10:02:40

lanrat

Re: Mysql and X

Search the forums in "new and requested packages" section. I posted some gui sql tools for postgresql/mysql before (some of them might need updating - I'll try to review them when I get some more time - let me know if you find something wrong with them). I have no favourite one still. For postgresql it's better to use pgadmin3-devel to have most that is available but for mysql I wasn't able to compile any of it's official gui tools (from mysql web pages). The mysqlcc is now no longer developed and new "official" tools are not compatible with new gcc :-( For now the best option to have an administration gui for mysql is to use phpmysql :-) But if you want a tool only for sql queries maybe you'll be able to find something. If you find something really interesting that I didn't make a pkgbuild for, please let me know and I might be interested.

#3 2004-09-26 21:41:59

lanrat

Check this new tool http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?p=45118#45118 Better late than never :-)

#4 2004-09-26 22:26:11

paranoos

Most people don't run MySQL without Apache, so phpMyAdmin is a good choice. There's a good howto in the wiki about setting up Apache, MySQL, and PHP ... it has instructions for installing phpmyadmin as well, so it'll help you set this up.

I know this isn't exactly a gui for X, but phpmyadmin is the most popular sql frontend on sourceforge, and it's pretty darn good. can do pretty much anything. especially nice is that you can allow remote access to it, and create databases from remote locations.

Board footer