You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-03 17:25:24

Bysshe

Taskbar and Amarok

I did search the forums on these two issues and I did find a few topics on them, however, none of them are remotely helpful.  I'm just out of time and patience, and I know I'm famous for coming across like this is somebody's fault.  I'm not about that, I just need help.  My serch terms aren't hitting the mark, or I'm not finding the thread with the proper title, or that thread has 1,000 replies.  That's how I got to this point.

KDE taskbar.  Where is it? The poking at the turd in the upper right corner yeilded some makeshift taskbar that resizes and relocates itself into a jumbled mess with other widgets in the upper left corner after rebooting.  Regardless, this isn't remotely the same tool as before.   Is it possible to reset the desktop configuration back to something more normal without a week's worth of research?  I do work for a living.

Amarok starts from terminal, but not from the startmenu.  sourcing it didn't accomplish anything.

As always, thanks again for the help.  It's been a busy year, and keep up the good work.

#2 2008-11-04 01:22:50

mcmillan

Re: Taskbar and Amarok

If you right click on the desktop it will give an option for adding a panel, which will be an empty bar. You can add content to it by dragging things from the add widgets menu onto the bar. Some of the default stuff is the task manager, system tray, application launcher.

If you right click on the icon to bring up your menu you can go to the menu editor. You might want to look at what the command listed for amarok is. Not sure about other advice for that.

Board footer