You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-22 12:47:28

PeskyGee

Upgrade of Imagemagick and libtoool. GDM problem now.

Hey all,

I just did a upgrade this morning and had some trouble with updating imagemagick and libtool. I was getting errors that the file's /usr/lib/libltdl.so already exists (also it was libltdl.so.3 and so on). So I renamed the files and was able to continue with the install. Now on reboot my GDM will just sit there and clock. I can see the cursor but the screen never comes up and I am unable to login. Switched to a different term, killed it and removed it from my rc.conf and rebooted but starting it again its the same thing and I get no error message to tell me what is going on. Anyone have an idea on this one? After work I will try to downgrade the vers back to the origional but I was wondering if someone has a fix for this. Thanks

#2 2004-09-22 17:41:09

PeskyGee

Re: Upgrade of Imagemagick and libtoool. GDM problem now.

Went home for lunch and tried to downgrade to earlier versions of imagemagick and libtool and still the same thing. One thing that was also updated was gtk2. It looks like this is the problem but can't be sure. Tried to downgrade gtk2-2.4.10-1 and I get and error: failed for /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/svg_loader.so > libcroco.so.2 file not found. True the file libcroco.so.2 does not exist and I don't have any other to symlink to for that file specified in my /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders directory . Anyone know how to fix this? My ROX-Session is also stating an error that pygtk2 is not installed and is necessary. Don't know if this is related but maybe.

#3 2004-09-22 17:52:17

PeskyGee

Wijnand: I think this link may be the answer to our problems.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=6926
I will check it out tonight. If you try it and it works let me know please.

#4 2004-09-22 20:51:33

PeskyGee

Cool will try when I get home  big_smile

#5 2004-09-23 10:54:44

PeskyGee

Did the trick  smile

Board footer