You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-05 14:13:43

R45

Grub-gfxmenu - with gfxboot patch from SUSE - Pb : Invalid File Format

Heya !

I've installed from AUR the grub-gfxmenu package, along with it's gfxboot dependency that came from the world of OpenSUSE.

This is NOT the grub-gfx package that allow for a 14-colors 640x480 background image in grub. grub-gfxmenu uses message.something files that allow for much more complex customization.

Point is, now my grub starts fine and all, it will even find the message.suse (default theme) file but would end saying "Error : Invalid file format".
My /boot is on a separate partition, but there seem to be no problem locating the file. It's more the reading part which pose problem.

I've read multiple threads on the topic (mostly on Ubuntu's forums) but none have proved extremely useful, apart from showing me that :

- Lots of different graphical grubs were in existence.
- In this particular case, most people would get the same error while trying to use a custom message.something file, while I have problems even with the original one from SUSE.

Could anyone familiar with graphical grubs give me a hand there ?

P.S. : If that can be of some help, I'm using an Asus EEE 701, which has an unusual maximum screen resolution of 800x480.

Board footer