You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-05 22:56:51

nocain

Web browser and Evolution Troubles

Hello All. I have issues that I can't track down and that I have read of others having, however none of the other threads seem to have information on fixing it, they usually just die out.

Both these issues started at the same time for me. it was right around October 23 after performing a pacman -Syu and rebooting the last pacman -Syu performed was around Oct 14th rebooted after that as well.

Web browser Problems. Only tested with Opera and Firefox. The browser crashes on websites with flash this includes youtube.com cnn.com digg.com and many other sites. It is not reliable sometimes a starting the browserback up and clicking restore session it will open fine. sometimes it takes a few times. you tube will crash about 1 out of 3 times someone posted to a link gamex.net? I think but that one reliable always crashes it. Running firefox from the commandline yealds diffrent errors on crashes. Sometimes it just says "aborted", sometimes it says "sgmentation fault", sometimes it says nothing, sometimes it spits out about 50 lines of crap( looks like a stack trace or something. The problem seems to be with flash and not the browsers, but this is just my observation...

Evolution more specifically Evolution-exchange. This is a problem I have seen before, last time was back in May of this year. Basically evolution hangs while checking my exchange mailbox via owa sometimes it works again after a few minutes sometimes I have to kill it and all processes related to exchange and restart it and it will function fine. Also sometimes it stopes responding pulling a contact from the GC. Also sometimes there is a huge delay from when I am typing and the charactors being displayed on the screen( this is only occures when it is checking the exchange server )

Last time to fix this problem I had to uninstall everything exchange related delete .exchange and reinstall exchange and I could not import my exchange settings as that would re-trigger the issues.

Anyway I only have these issues on my office workstation. my home systems and laptop are uneffected all have almost identically the same packages installed, and my Office workstation is the most powerfull of all the system ( Dell optiplex 755 intel E6550 4 GB memory )

anyone have any insight to this would be appreciated

-Nick

Board footer