You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-04 13:31:32

cireland0307

Cheese won't save images

Hi. I really don't understand what's happening. I was using openbox and recently switched to XFCE to try it out, but in either one of those environments, Cheese doesn't seem to save the photos when it snaps them (the same goes with videos also). This is the output from the command line.

** (cheese:4389): WARNING **: Throbber animation not found

** (cheese:4389): WARNING **: Throbber fallback animation not found either

** (cheese:4389): WARNING **: Couldn't load icon: Icon 'image-loading' not present in theme

The first two appear when cheese loads from the terminal, the third only after the picture is snapped.

I already tried loading all the gstreamer packages that I could, if anyone has any ideas or has seen this before, pleease post. I really want to be able to use my webcam.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

#2 2008-11-05 21:30:04

alex_anthony

Re: Cheese won't save images

Are the photos at the bottom while you are running cheese? If so:
They're saved by default in ~/.gnome2/cheese/media . The idea being that the ones you want to keep, you Right Click them and Save As in the tray at the bottom
If not, it must be having trouble actually capturing them, in which case it is probably a bug

#3 2008-11-06 02:29:11

cireland0307

Cool..thanks for your reply.

Nope, no pictures on the bottom, but the pictures are definitely being saved to the spot that you indicated.
I even redid my machine and still the same problem with XCFE, I wonder if it has a problem with that...where it
doesn't with Gnome or KDE.

Weird.

#4 2008-11-06 08:24:51

JGC
Developer

About those warnings: install gnome-icon-theme, it contains the image-loading icons.

#5 2008-11-08 11:40:54

davvil

JGC wrote:

About those warnings: install gnome-icon-theme, it contains the image-loading icons.

I had the same problem. After installing this package now everything works. It is kind of stupid that it didn't work because of missing icons, isn't it?

So probably the cheese package should have gnome-icon-theme as dependency.

Board footer