You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-24 03:39:27

nieczy

Can't add fonts in gnome

I recently decided to try gnome again and I'm starting to get it where I wan't it but I can't seem to add any TTF's to it.

I ran through the wiki and I still can't get gnome to see the TTF fonts I tried to install.

I created /usr/local/fonts/ttf
I copied the .ttf files to the new directory
I executed mkfontscale
I executed mkfontdir
I added the symbolic link
   ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/encodings/encodings.dir /usr/local/fonts/ttf/encodings.dir

I added /usr/local/fonts/ttf to the catelog in /etc/X11/fs/config file
I added /user/local/fonts/ttf to the FontPath in the xorg.config file

restarted X then rebooted just in case but still nothing.  The xorg log file shows an error for the CID directory but nothing (no errors) for /usr/local/fonts/ttf and it appears in the fontpath listed in the logfile.

I'm sure I'm missing some step for gnome but I can't find anything different than the steps in the wiki.  Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks

#2 2004-09-24 09:25:53

lanrat

Re: Can't add fonts in gnome

You should also probably add new fonts dir to your /etc/fonts/local.conf because it's non standard directory. Also don't forget to run fc-cache -fv. xfontsel should show you all fonts installed. If you still have problems please read font threads in the "new and requested packages" forum and follow what is done in PKGBUILDS and install files.

#3 2004-09-25 00:22:27

nieczy

Re: Can't add fonts in gnome

Adding the directory to /etc/fonts/local.conf file and running fc-cache -fv after did the trick thanks for the help.

Board footer