You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-09 15:56:25

skottish
Forum Fellow

How do I handle Lua scripts for Geany? [SOLVED]

This isn't a programming question. I want to know how to handle Lua scripts for Geany. By handle I mean what is the format? Do they go in ~/.geany/plugins or is that for C plug-ins only? Basically what I'm asking for is a link or an example script to get started.

--EDIT--

There are example scripts that cone with the geanylua source code. The scripts work if placed in:

~/.geany/plugins/geanylua

You'll need to create the geanylua directory.

Last edited by skottish (2008-11-09 22:13:05)

#2 2008-11-10 17:32:36

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: How do I handle Lua scripts for Geany? [SOLVED]

I wanted to bump this just to let anyone who is interested in this know what I found. It turns out the that geanylua documentation is excellent. In the source tree for the plug-in there are not only example scripts, but the full documentation of every function covered. I easily created the script that I needed in order to totally switch from SciTE to geany.

For the curious, this is the method that I use for spell check using Aspell and xterm (got to put it use somewhere!). I find it far more useful than the spell checker in geany, and really most of them out there. It handles all of the modes that Aspell covers automatically (TeX, HTML, so on). Be forewarned that this script automatically saves your current document. It's called aspell.lua and is in ~/.geany/plugins/geanylua:

geany.save()

os.execute( "xterm -e aspell -x -c " .. geany.filename() )

geany.open()

Simple, huh?

Last edited by skottish (2008-11-10 17:32:53)

Board footer