You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-10 21:23:39

memeplex

abs: getting only needed packages

Hi, I'm new to archlinux, I've successfully built a number of aur packages and now I would like to fine tune one package from the community repository. The wiki page about abs is clear and simple but it assumes you don't care about checking out the entire abs tree. abs --help shows that you can in fact pass the package you're interested in. But the package path includes not only its repository but the category also. For example community/daemons/fcron instead of community/fcron. Now, given a package, how can I get its category? pacman -Qi won't show it. Or, anyway, where are the browseable abs repositories, if any?

Regards
-Carlos

#2 2008-11-10 21:44:20

Garns

Re: abs: getting only needed packages

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Unless you are on a really small band connection, checking out the entire tree shouldn't be much of a problem. But if you are or have other valid reasons smile follow this link: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O … _Search=Go

You can find all the community packages in the aur, listed with their category. You can also use the community cvs web interface, which you can reach by clicking on the cvs link in the aur package view.

Last edited by Garns (2008-11-10 21:45:33)

Board footer