You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-23 00:20:28

Olli

glibc problems

I have rebuilt glibc, but now I'm facing problems compiling other software:

/usr/include/asm/errno.h:4:31: asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory

This is what I get all the time. How can this issue be solved?
I've tried to compile it with the following flags:
-march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

DIY: Doom-It-Yourself

#2 2004-09-23 15:24:36

sarah31
Website

Re: glibc problems

did you rebuild gcc and your kernel with your new options and glibc?

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-09-23 18:32:28

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Olli wrote:

/usr/include/asm/errno.h:4:31: asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory

Umm, read the error: no such file or directory.  You are missing a file, or have your include paths pointing to the wrong place. Run "find / -name errno.h" and point your include path whereever you find it.

#4 2004-09-24 12:23:40

Olli

I've rebuilt gcc and my kernel with my optimization flags now, and I made sure the path specified in the PKGBUILD points to my kernel headers now. Now it won't compile at all :?

/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread_pic.a(pthread.os)(.text+0x149): In function `pthread_initialize':
: undefined reference to `_res'
/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread_pic.a(pthread.os)(.text+0x10ed): In function `__pthread_reset_main_thread':
: undefined reference to `_h_errno'
/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread_pic.a(pthread.os)(.text+0x10fc): In function `__pthread_reset_main_thread':
: undefined reference to `_errno'
/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread_pic.a(pthread.os)(.text+0x1102): In function `__pthread_reset_main_thread':
: undefined reference to `_res'
/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread_pic.a(pthread.os)(.data.rel+0x1b8): undefined reference to `_errno'
/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread_pic.a(pthread.os)(.data.rel+0x1c0): undefined reference to `_h_errno'
/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread_pic.a(pthread.os)(.data.rel+0x1c8): undefined reference to `_res'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/libpthread.so] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-2.3.3/linuxthreads'
make[1]: *** [linuxthreads/others] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/base/glibc/src/glibc-2.3.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

#5 2004-09-24 13:11:52

JGC
Developer

Could you provide us with what kernel you're using, what you changed, etc?

Building glibc against 2.6 kernelheaders is a bit tricky, since all kinds of things can, and will go wrong. You have to get a set of sanitized kernelheaders and build against those instead. The PKGBUILD for glibc in testing does that.

#6 2004-09-24 17:08:10

Olli

JGC wrote:

Could you provide us with what kernel you're using, what you changed, etc?

Building glibc against 2.6 kernelheaders is a bit tricky, since all kinds of things can, and will go wrong. You have to get a set of sanitized kernelheaders and build against those instead. The PKGBUILD for glibc in testing does that.

I'm using a customized version of the 2.6(.8.1)-scsi kernel, I just ripped out stuff I don't need for my setup like filesystems, device modules, smp support, speed stepping and other stuff.

I'll give the PKGBUILD from testing a tryand let you know what my experiences are. smile Thanks for the help you all smile

#7 2004-09-25 11:40:12

Olli

Aaaah, the glibc PKGBUILD worked great!
Thanks alot!

Board footer