You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-14 23:23:54

naguz

Aspell in GTK-apps in KDE4?

Hi, I am running Arch with kdemod.
Aspell is installed and working, but not in GTK-apps. (Open Office, thunderbiord, ff). I don't even know if ff or thunderbird uses aspell, but I was pretty sure OOo coul? Is there any gtk aspell layer or somethin I have to add for it to work. Having seperate wordlists in both firefox, thunderbird and OOo, as well as aspell for the rest of the system, would be very tiresome. (Quite a few words you have to add to the norwegian one before it is usable.)

Any help appreciated. smile

#2 2008-11-15 00:32:02

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Aspell in GTK-apps in KDE4?

naguz wrote:

Hi, I am running Arch with kdemod.
Aspell is installed and working, but not in GTK-apps. (Open Office, thunderbiord, ff). I don't even know if ff or thunderbird uses aspell, but I was pretty sure OOo coul? Is there any gtk aspell layer or somethin I have to add for it to work. Having seperate wordlists in both firefox, thunderbird and OOo, as well as aspell for the rest of the system, would be very tiresome. (Quite a few words you have to add to the norwegian one before it is usable.)

Any help appreciated. smile

Welcome to the forums naguz.

Firefox uses it's own dictionary now (not sure about Thunderbird). In an editable text area like the one that I'm writing in, right click--> Languages--> Add Dictionaries.

#3 2008-11-15 13:48:17

naguz

Re: Aspell in GTK-apps in KDE4?

Thanks. Been lurking here for some time, but always found the answer. in some other guys thread so far. tongue
I know Firefox uses its own dictionary, and if it can't use aspell, then i guess thudnerbird doesn't either. Just a bit cumersome having to add the same words in four different places. Is it possible to use aspell in OOo 3, or do I have to download a seperate spell check for it as well? (Have downloaded it already, in fact, but would really like to use aspell with it.)

Board footer