You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-05 21:33:13

voidzero

Archlinux virtual hosting with TurboGears? Oohh..

I am using DirectAdmin on a rented server, but unfortunately for Archlinux there is no such tool. However, we all know that Archlinux is very flexible and easy to use and modify!

Now, I've been playing around with TurboGears a bit, which is an implementation of stuff like CherryPy (2.0 will use Pylons). For those who don't know what this means: it's a web development framework written in Python. I like how it works and became interested to make a virtual hosting package for Archlinux. However... I'm not able to do this alone.

How cool would it be to have an Archlinux server that uses TurboGears or any Python framework together with AJAX, to provide a virtualhosting system that can do everything we, the Archlinux users want? I think very. So if anyone would be interested in teaming up to form a project out of this idea... please put out a shout in this thread! lol

My own knowledge and experience with TurboGears is not amazingly much, so I'm looking for anyone who is even remotely interested to help, because ofcourse it's no project with a clear deadline. Just something worth having, and investing time into, imho.

Last edited by voidzero (2008-10-05 21:45:08)

#2 2008-11-15 00:19:24

_AA_
Website

Re: Archlinux virtual hosting with TurboGears? Oohh..

This is something that interests me a great deal, however, as I've only started with TG in the last few days, I fear it will be a few months before I'm comfortable attempting such a project. But yeah, definitely keen.

#3 2008-11-15 01:20:04

voidzero

That's awesome. I'm currently delaying my learning until TG 2.0 reaches stable. But I think that it's worth a shot indeed.. smile

#4 2008-11-15 14:44:10

_AA_
Website

Might be a while before TG2 is stable and released.
I was reading somewhere that there's a push to release TG1.1 this weekend. 1.5 will follow shortly after that and only then 2.0

Board footer