You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-25 17:26:03

vande198

srcpac --downloadonly usage

Having been exiled to dialup, I've been automating my upgrading process by putting pacman -Syuw --noconfirm as a nightly cronjob.  In the spirit of curiousity I've been thinking about switching over to source instead of binary package management via srcpac.  Unfortunately, I've noticed by trial and error that the -w or --downloadonly flag in srcpac is more like a download-and-build flag.

I was hoping to set up a script to do the following as a single cronjob:
(1) have srcpac sync up the pacman databases and the abs ports tree
(2) have srcpac download all the sources for packages that need updating at the same time
(3) Then, after all sources have been downloaded, srcpac would then build, but not install, the new packages.  Meanwhile, I'll have another cronjob downloading other stuff, e.g. the base .iso image of the latest arch release!

In the morning, I'd use pacman to install the new packages.

I've tinkered a while, but haven't been sucessful yet.

"To be a Spartan is to be a philosopher much more than to be an athlete."
Plato, the <i>Protagoras</i>, 342e-343a

#2 2004-09-25 23:06:32

dp
Website

Re: srcpac --downloadonly usage

sorry, i don't have any solution to your task

vande198 wrote:

In the spirit of curiousity I've been thinking about switching over to source instead of binary package management via srcpac.

i would have asked "why???" but as you already said "in the spirit of curiousity", this question is out of discussion, eh?

if you want to have everything from source, then i would suggest you to have a look at this distro:

http://www.gentoo.org/

srcpac is cool, if you need only some pkgs from source, but having everything from source, i would recommend you the experts in it - gentoo

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Board footer