You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-15 14:38:40

calle

Cairo Dock won't compile

Hej,

i got problems installing cairo dock on my system.

trying to install cairo-dock with yaourt i'm getting the following error:

cairo-dock-callbacks.c:24:25: Fehler: cairo-glitz.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
meaning: cairo-dock-callbacks.c:24:25: error: cairo-glitz.h: file or directory not found

i was trying to find that file on my system, wanting to copy it into the appropriate directory, but with no succes. there is no such file.
also i already reinstalled glitz, with no success either.

when trying to install cairo-dock-svn instead i'm getting this error message:

checking for PACKAGE... configure: error: Package requirements ("gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0 cairo librsvg-2.0 glitz dbus-1 dbus-glib-1 libxml-2.0 gtkglext-1.0") were not met:
No package 'gtkglext-1.0' found

again manually installing gtkglext doesn't change anything

i'm using archlinux with gnome-2.4.1 as DE and have compiz-fusion installed, if that is of any importance

thanks for any thought-provoking impulse

#2 2008-11-18 03:03:00

xaiviax

Re: Cairo Dock won't compile

Cairo (not cairo-dock, just cairo) needs to be compiled with glitz enabled first before cairo-dock (either current arch linux version) will compile correctly.  This might help you:  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … hans=&SeB=

#3 2008-11-18 14:58:08

calle

Re: Cairo Dock won't compile

thank you! i worked it out finally, too. though by now i decided to not like cairo-dock, so the whole thing is cancelled again. but thank you anyway, that was indeed what i actually did wrong

Board footer