You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-22 09:34:21

shazeal

Ventrilo on Linux

Some mad guy is working on a Linux vent client http://www.ventinux.net/ not associated with the real vent client apparently. A good thing since wine + audigy sound + ventrillo is a nightmare smile

#2 2008-11-22 10:43:58

tuomas

Re: Ventrilo on Linux

I'm using Wine Ventrilo on a very old Soundblaster Live! and I don't have much issue. Occasionally like say every couple of hours, my voice stops transmitting and I need to kill it and restart but that's all :\

I'll keep an eye on this, although I do not know if there are any legal issues associated with this.

arch@thinkpad t61

#3 2008-11-23 11:00:36

Zibi1981

Is it the same project as mentioned on Ventrilo's official website? It's written there that Linux client is beeing developed.

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

#4 2008-11-23 16:49:55

Gaim

So we are waiting for Ventinux ;-). I really need it.

#up
They are developing it from two years, from this time they didn't give any more information.

#5 2008-11-23 20:42:03

shazeal

Is it the same project as mentioned on Ventrilo's official website? It's written there that Linux client is beeing developed.

No, this guy got bored of that message and started up his own project. Quoting from the forums for anyone who cant be bothered to register wink

The Ventinux project was started by Michael Sierks and is currently actively being worked on by him and a select few programmers. In order to keep the Secrets of Ventrilo Secret, the current project is closed source. but an idea has submitted by "malkavian" to make the Ventrilo protocol binary and release the source for the rest. That is currently under debate but will more than likely be implemented. For a current status on the Ventinux project please go see the "Ventinux Status" topic in this forum or you can talk directly with the me on irc at freenode.net on the channel #ventinux.

Board footer